One juvenile was hospitalized Tuesday and another taken into custody following an altercation at Hulen Park.

Cleburne police and firefighters responded to the scene about 4:10 p.m.

Two boys engaged in a physical altercation at the park shortly before that, police said. 

During the fight one of the boys pulled out a BB gun and shot the other boy below the eye, police said. Rescue workers transported the boy who was shot to an area hospital where he was treated and released. They took the other boy into custody on a charge of aggravated assault.

Police said the incident remains under investigation and have released no additional details at this time.


Cleburne fire calls

Cleburne firefighters responded to reports of a grass fire at 8:26 a.m. June 16 in the 2200 block of North Main Street. Firefighters found an area of about 10 yards by 10 feet ablaze upon arrival. Firefighters stomped the flames out then employed a hose to soak the area. Reports list no cause for the fire.

Dispatch advised firefighters that another fire had been reported further up the road, according to reports. Firefighters drove “all the way to the city limits sign” but found no signs of fire.

Firefighters responded to a brush fire at 8:20 p.m. June 13 in the 3800 block of County Road 1125. While en route, dispatch advised that the fire was in Godley’s district and told Cleburne firefighters to continue response at their own discretion. 

Cleburne firefighters arrived to find about one fourth of an acre burning with a burn pile of limbs located in the middle. The homeowner was trying to extinguish the fire with a rake. Firefighters assisted the homeowner in extinguishing the grass fire around the burn pile. 

Firefighters responded to a gas leak call at 12:53 p.m. June 9 in the 200 block of Huron Street. A construction crew hit a 1-inch gas line while working. Firefighters warned residents in the area, blocked the roadway and remained on site until Atmos Energy workers arrived to repair the line.

React to this story:


Recommended for you