Project U is a six-week digital leadership series featuring nationally recognized leaders, authors and business professionals. The Burleson Economic Development Corporation aims to provide valuable resources for digital attendees to grow, share ideas and become better leaders for their community.
The city’s economic development team has hand-selected six dynamic speakers that will educate, inspire and encourage. From six different walks of life, each keynote will present powerful stories and takeaways on leadership in their unique way.
The once-a-week series begins Sept. 24 and runs from 9 to 10:30 a.m.
Each session features a keynote followed by a question and answer session with each speaker.
Each speaker has been specifically selected to help participants hone their leadership skills:
• Branding: Lorie Vincent, CEcD, introduces innovating branding techniques through her unique ACCELERATE programs
• Team Empowerment: as Managing Partner of Southwest Michigan First, nationally recognized as a “best place to work”, Carla Sones knows teamwork. Her insight and ideas will have you rethinking how to achieve the full potential of your team.
• Unity: Lucas Ramirez shares the groundbreaking implications for achieving unity and collective movement through new research on a jaw-dropping phenomenon of flocking starlings known as a murmuration. This marvel is one of nature’s most spectacular sights: Imagine hundreds of thousands of birds in motion, caressing the sky like a brush on canvas. It is a beautiful madness that is completely ordered.
• Growth: Ron Kitchens explains how to leverage your unique experiences into their own personal leadership style that is authentic, one-of-a-kind, and effective in building businesses and leading teams
• Optimism: Jess Ekstrom shares her own inspirational story of how optimism helped her overcome multiple challenges, and the dynamic ways her mindset propelled her as a young entrepreneur, international speaker, and philanthropist
• Making Moments: For Carlos Whittaker, renowned blogger, musician and worship leader, and husband and dad, living deliberately is a way of life. Making moments that are significant, memorable, or impactful are a part of how he navigates each day, and it has forever changed the landscape of his story
Tickets are on sale now for $50 per person. The first 350 tickets include two free books from the featured speakers; “Uniquely You” by Ron Kitchens and “Chasing the Bright Side” by Jess Ekstrom.
For information or to purchase tickets, visit projectuburleson.com.