Zayden McLean

Vickie Bingham, mother of Cleburne resident Bailey Bingham, said Friday that Bailey has been released from the hospital and is home recovering.

“Bailey’s going to be all right physically,” Vickie Bingham said. “But she still has a lot to go through and we appreciate everyone’s support and help and ask for everyone’s prayers.”

Bailey Bingham was injured and hospitalized and her 23-month-old son Zayden Dawson McLean killed during a Sunday car jacking attempt during which both were run over.

The incident occurred near Texas Health Harris Huguley Hospital. Zayden’s parents met there in separate vehicles to exchange the child when a man later identified as Noco Dela-Fuente attempted to steal Bingham’s car.

Shea McLean, Zayden’s father, attempted to stop the theft by jumping inside the vehicle and a struggle ensued.

Dela-Fuente put the vehicle in reverse and backed up at a high rate of speed striking Bingham in the process, who was holding Zayden in her arms at the time. Both fell to the ground and Dela-Fuente hit both again as he drove forward to get away. Dela-Fuente struck a tree after driving a short distance. He tried to flee on foot but collapsed from injuries suffered in the crash.

A hospital security guard took him into custody and held him until police arrived.

Zayden was transported to Cook Children’s Medical Center but did not survived.

A Tarrant County judge subsequently set Dela-Fuente’s bond at $350,000 on charges of capital murder and aggravated robbery.

Two GoFundMe accounts have since been established to help the family with medical and other costs.

Tabitha Hinshaw organized one, asking residents to help the family through donations and/or prayers.

To donate, visit To donate to the other account, visit

Vickie Bingham on Friday said the family appreciates and supports both accounts.

Funeral services for Zayden McLean will be held at 10 a.m. today at Rosser Funeral Home Chapel. Visitation is from 9-10 a.m.

React to this story:


Recommended for you