The City of Keene, Texas lines up 366 US flags along the main road through town, Old Betsy Rd for major holidays and special occasions. Recently the city put the flags up to provide support to our community as the nation battles the worst outbreak of a disease it has ever experienced.
The flags were paid for by individual donations as well as the Keene Chamber of Commerce, and each time the flags go up, a different organization from the community assists, whether it is a school, church, or civic organization.
This Week's Circulars
Mattie Barrett, 84, of Cleburne passed away May 21, 2020. Service: 10:00am, Friday, Crosier-Pearson Cleburne Chapel Visitation: 9:00am prior to service. Burial DFW National Cemetery.
Randy Dumas, of Rio Vista, passed Saturday, May 23, 2020. The family will hold a Private Memorial at a later date.
Betty Jane Ballard, 93, passed away on Friday, May 22, 2020. Private Graveside services. Public memorial service will be announced at a later date.
- Examining Zach Smith’s 2021 NFL Draft prospects
- AISD mourns loss of two students, retired teacher
- Strong girls soccer season results in stacked All-Johnson County teams
- Centennial, Burleson headline AJC girls soccer superlatives
- Owls’ 4 selections lead AJC boys soccer superlatives
- Man commits suicide after Friday gunfight in Sand Flat
- Local doctor's offices, urgent care centers see big drops in visits
- Johnson County soccer well-represented in TASCO all-region, all-state honors
- Firefighters free girl from tree
- Jackets, Zebras well-represented in Texas HS baseball statistical leaders