The rear of the B-29 was for the tail gunner, who would watch for approaching enemy aircraft while working a gun sight. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
As featured on
As the big engines on the B-29 "Doc" roared to life Wednesday morning at Terre Haute Regional Airport, Jan Manuel could feel what her father must have experienced while serving as a co-pilot of the same type of bomber during World War II.
This Week's Circulars
Martin Campos, 39, of Cleburne, passed away July 25, 2021 in Fort Worth. Service: 10:00 A.M., Friday, July 30, 2021 at St. Joseph Catholic Church.
Roy Aaron Sparks, 82, of Cleburne passed away July 23, 2021 in Dallas. Service: 10:00am, Wednesday, July 28, 2021, Crosier-Pearson Cleburne Chapel.
Percy Glowski, 81, died Friday, July 23, 2021 in Ft. Worth Service: 10 am Tuesday, July 27, 2021, Greenacres Mausoleum Chapel. Burial: Greenacres Memorial Park
- Learn about historical homes in Cleburne
- Longtime lawman Laseman retiring; Former CPD deputy chief served 57 years
- Charge It Forward; Keene ISD unveils free clothing closet for community
- Burleson to spray for mosquitos today, Saturday
- Administrative appointments in CISD
- Cleburne council to allow for breweries, brew pubs
- Gelsthorpe named Joshua police chief
- City mourns loss of two men in plane crash
- Lawmakers concerned about UT leaving Big 12 conference make their case to Gov. Greg Abbott's office
- Cleburne enters year 5 under Walraven with 2021 season quickly approaching
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.