Grandview Police Sgt. Richard Eakin, left, and GPD Chaplain Lisa Lerner pose with Ashlynne Henderson, winner of the poster contest at Grandview’s National Night Out, which was held Aug. 2 in the Grandview City Park. About 100 attended the event, Lerner said, which affords residents the opportunity to have a night of fun while visiting with their neighbors and members of GPD. The event also encourages residents to become involved in neighborhood, crime prevention and other community groups and projects. Burleson also held a National Night Out event the same night. The Johnson County Sheriff’s Office plans to hold one in the fall.
This Week's Circulars
- MAN AND WOMAN OF THE YEAR 2022: County judge, 249th District judge recognized
- One killed, one charged in Saturday crash
- Grandview dominates 2nd half for 29-7 regional win over Pottsboro
- Venus transformed into Montana town for Costner, ‘Yellowstone’ filming
- VIDEO: Godley student surprised by brother's military homecoming
- Lung cancer survivor April Boudreau went from diagnosis to cure in matter of hours
- Adoption, family, faith inspire Tiffany Strother’s outreach
- Russian soldiers enter Kherson homes, dig in for urban war
- Correction: Russia-Ukraine-War story
- Zelenskyy calls liberation of Kherson 'beginning of the end'