Garrett Howard plays Minute to Win It at a pep rally recently as part of Freaky Friday at Alvarado High School. Freaky Friday was started seven years ago as an opportunity to get parents on campus and involved in what students were doing while at school. This year, Freaky Friday coincided with a Purple Out theme day for homecoming and had more than 500 parents in attendance. “Freaky Friday is a wonderful way to show our parents what their children are accomplishing in our school and our faculty’s dynamic instruction,” AHS principal Chris Magee said. “Freaky Friday will be used throughout the year as a bridge to facilitate future involvement and dialogue with parents.”
...OZONE ACTION DAY... The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) has issued an Ozone Action Day for the Dallas-Fort Worth area for Tuesday, May 30, 2023. Atmospheric conditions are expected to be favorable for producing high levels of ozone air pollution in the Dallas-Fort Worth area on Tuesday. You can help prevent ozone pollution by sharing a ride, walking, riding a bicycle, taking your lunch to work, avoiding drive-through lanes, conserving energy, and keeping your vehicle properly tuned. For more information on ozone: Ozone: The Facts (www.tceq.texas.gov/goto/ozonefacts) Air North Texas: (www.airnorthtexas.org) EPA Air Now (www.airnow.gov/index.cfm?action.local_state&STATEID=45&TAB=0) Take care of Texas (www.takecareoftexas.org) North Central Texas Council of Governments Air Quality (www.nctcog.org/trans/air/index.asp)
Freaky Friday brings in more than 500 parents
This Week's Circulars
- Bill to place Ten Commandments in Texas school fails
- Texas lawmakers approved retired teacher stipend, cost-of-living adjustment
- Grandview holds off Franklin, 10-8, to advance to state tournament
- Jeter, Doty lead Grandview to 6-1 win over Franklin for 1-0 series lead in regional final
- 36 fallen officers honored in Keene
- Godley's Colin Price finishes 2nd at UIL state golf championships
- Texas passes bill that bans drag performances
- Blake sworn in, Mims bows out
- Tina Turner, 'Queen of Rock 'n' Roll' whose triumphant career made her world-famous, dies at 83
- Texas lawmakers pass tenure reform
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.