Due to inclement weather, the Friday Times-Review will not be delivered today. It is scheduled to be delivered Saturday by mail. However, it is available online through our e-edition. All front page stories in Friday's edition are posted online under the Homepage section of our website at www.cleburnetimesreview.com. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Local News
Johnson County Judge Roger Harmon listens in during Wednesday’s budget workshop of the Johnson County Commissioners Court. Commissioners will continue budget talks at least through today in preparation for the upcoming fiscal year, which begins Oct. 1.
Court proposes $5K raise for JPs
Johnson County commissioner provisionally proposed a $5,000 raise for the county’s justice of the peace judges during Wednesday’s budget workshop.
- Quarter of million
Relay For Life raises more than $100,000
Although donations have decreased, Relay For Life of Johnson County still comes out on top.
Four people bagged in drug bust
Police arrested three Cleburne residents on drug charges on Tuesday.
THR holding summer camp for diabetes prevention
For the first time Texas Health Resources is conducting a camp for children.
- Court proposes $5K raise for JPs
Alvarado Indian football campers Brendyn Jarmon, left, and Jake McCullough, right, work on a one-on-one receiving drill at Alvarado High School’s practice field on Thursday.
Future Indians learn the ropes during football camp
For the Alvarado Indians and Head Coach Jeff Dixon, building a yearly contender at the varsity level begins from the bottom.
- Fightin’ Owl Camp comes to a close
- Spartan LB receiving college interest heading into junior year
- Lady Jacket youth camps showed potential for the future
- Burleson's Mann commits to OU
- Future Indians learn the ropes during football camp
Don Newbury: Observations, thoughts and scatter shots
Like a Mother Hubbard dress, the column is covering everything and touching nothing.
- Don Newbury: Two thumbs up for cruising from teens
- Don Newbury: Most is ‘right’ with the world
- Don Newbury: Flappables twisting in the wind
- United States: A nation big on words
- Don Newbury: Observations, thoughts and scatter shots
- Features / Living
Wilma Reed’s new collection includes some beauties, including one that captures the late actress Elizabeth Taylor’s glamour.
All dolled up
Wilma Reed’s doll was fine until her brother, an aspiring doctor, decided to operate on Old Gal.
“He thought she had a tumor,” Reed said. “He broke half her head off. After he he saw how her eyes worked, who cares? I drug her around with half her head gone.”
- Swinging for scholarships
- Artful endeavors
- A cut above
- Cleburne hunter responds to Facebook reactions
- All dolled up
Jesus B. Garcia
Services for Jesus B. Garcia, 84, of Cleburne will be conducted at 10 a.m. Friday, Aug. 1, 2014, in the Crosier-Pearson Cleburne Chapel. Father Sergio Rizo will officiate. Burial will be in Rosehill Cemetery.
- Christopher Franklin Reddish
- Melvin “Butch” Harris
- Arthur Benton 'Benny' Cheek Jr.
- John Edwin Gist
- Jesus B. Garcia