The 2013 Johnson County Soccer special section is available for online viewing.
- Local News
Rotary club giving Harley-Davidson away Friday
The Cleburne Rotary Club will conduct its third annual Rotary’s Ragin’ Roundup fundraiser and community celebration from 5-8 p.m. Friday at the Cleburne Conference Center at 1501 W. Henderson St.
Randy Rogers planning tornado benefit
Country singer and Cleburne native Randy Rogers plans to hold a concert to benefit victims of last week’s tornadoes, which substantially damaged several Cleburne and Johnson County neighborhoods, Cleburne resident Peter Svendsen said.
CISD students won’t make up missed days
Cleburne ISD students will not have to make up the two days missed after the May 15 tornado.
Stephens looks to build on Keene ISD’s past success
The Keene ISD Board of Trustees spent about 30 minutes in executive session Monday night before naming Richard Stephens the district’s new superintendent.
Burleson annexes land, establishes new school zone
Burleson City Council on Monday gave final approval to ordinances annexing about 71 acres of land in the George W. Parsons Survey, granting a zoning change from agricultural to industrial on that acreage and granting a special-use permit allowing a 107,000-square-foot-plus facility that will be used as an auto reclamation and parts distribution facility.
- Rotary club giving Harley-Davidson away Friday
Zebras face No. 1 ranked Mustangs in regional semis
Grandview faces the No. 1 ranked Hughes Springs Mustangs in the Class 2A regional semifinals starting Thursday in Tyler.
- Grandview leads all-district softball selections
- Yellow Jacket to continue soccer career in West Virginia
- Godley senior becomes first tennis player to sign with college program
- Indians fall to Stephenville in regional quarters
- Zebras face No. 1 ranked Mustangs in regional semis
Don Newbury: Life was simpler back then in Keene, Texas
Keene, Texas, isn’t today — nor was it ever — Mayberry, RFD. With a few decades peeled back, however, history suggests there were some parallels. Keene “town characters” also wound up in unlikely “fixes” of their own making.
- Don Newbury: This time bathroom actually ‘pays’ off
- Don Newbury: Teachers and Ides of March
- Don Newbury: Bring back the layaway plan?
- Don Newbury: Well, shut my mouth
- Don Newbury: Life was simpler back then in Keene, Texas
- Features / Living