The 2013 GRIDIRON Guide: Johnson County Football magazine is available for online viewing. Click here to view.
- Local News
Songbird Christmas shoots for take two
Songbird Live owner Tom Burkett admitted that he’s “feeling a bit snake bit” of late but said he is determined to carry on.
Second man arrested in auto theft investigation
Johnson County Sheriff Bob Alford on Wednesday announced the arrest of a second suspect and the recovery of more stolen property in connection with an ongoing joint auto theft investigation by the JCSO and the Tri-County Auto Theft Task Force.
Local Republicans celebrate Christmas
Johnson County Republican Party Chairman Pete Wrench wrapped Tuesday night’s gathering of area Republicans on a holiday note.
Cook children to be addressed Monday
A hearing has been scheduled for 8 a.m. Monday in the 413th District Court addressing the children of Cleburne residents Angel and David Cook.
Holiday events rescheduled after weekend winter ice storm
North Texas’ weekend ice age forced the cancellation of some holiday festivities in Johnson County — such as the Downtown Cleburne Association’s Festival of Lights Parade and Burleson Rotary Club’s 2013 Christmas Parade and the city’s Christmas tree lighting and fireworks show. But plenty of other events were rescheduled.
- Songbird Christmas shoots for take two
Joshua tops host Glen Rose, 57-54, on late 3-pointer
The Joshua Owls received 26 points from Junior Loya and 23 points from Casey Anthony in their 57-54 win over Glen Rose on Thursday, but it was Garrett Chretien’s 3-pointer with less than 2 seconds left that was the game winner.
- Jackets fall to No. 4 Brock in Glen Rose Tournament
- Zebras dominate all-district superlative selections
- Godley, Grandview lead the way in 1st- and 2nd-team selections
- Lady Jackets open district play with win over Everman
- Joshua tops host Glen Rose, 57-54, on late 3-pointer
Don Newbury: The courage of his conviction
Our citizens, in general, wait — too patiently, too quietly — for a big dose of indignation.
- Don Newbury: Don’t sell dogs short; most are family members
- Don Newbury: With a song in her heart
- Don Newbury: Let’s make this perfectly clear
- Don Newbury: Steering in the right direction
- Don Newbury: The courage of his conviction
- Features / Living
Charlotte Gorman, Cleburne Toastmasters Club vice president of membership, speaks at a recent meeting. The Toastmasters are celebrating 10 years in Cleburne this month.
Can you hear me now?
The Cleburne Toastmasters Club this month is celebrating a decade of helping people speak more clearly.
Toastmasters International was founded in 1924.
- Fort Wainwright military police prepare for Arctic winter temperatures
- Choose lighter fare this Thanksgiving
- Called to the cross
- Breaking down barriers
- Can you hear me now?
Services for Jadie Wheeler, 94, of Cleburne will be conducted at 2 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013, in the Crosier-Pearson Cleburne Chapel. Mr. Amos Long will officiate. Burial will be in the Greenacres Memorial Park.
- Michael ‘Mike’ Brian Woodard
- Mary Helen McDowell
- Muriel Edna Snoddy
- Charles Mack Sherman Sr.
- Jadie Wheeler